Visual Composer has been developed to work with WordPress. This means that Visual Composer requirements are aligned with WordPress requirements:
- PHP version 7.2 or higher;
- MySQL version 5.6 or higher (you can also run WordPress on MariaDB 10.0 or higher);
- HTTPS support (this has become mandatory in terms of good SEO).
In addition, to experience the full potential of Visual Composer we recommend ensuring that:
- wp-content/uploads folder is writable (More information in WP Codex)
- Memory limit in php.ini is set to memory_limit = 256M;
- Max execution time in php.ini is set to max_execution_time = 90;
Note: In most cases, these settings will be already in place.
To adjust php.ini file you can follow these instructions:
- Access your site files via FTP or hosting interface and locate php.ini file;
- Either download or select edit file with the text editor (Notepad should be just fine);
- Locate memory_limit and change the value to 256M;
- Locate max_execution_time and change the value to 90s;
- Save and upload the file back to the server;